Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
(See Day Zero.)
September 1, 2008
May 30, 2011
1. Have at least one postcard in the mail for postcrossing.com at all times.
2. Learn a new language.
3. Crochet the purple skirt that I've been wanting since last year.
4. Learn to knit.
5. Find and join a great book club (or start one).
6. Pick up birdwatching again.
7. Go rollerskating.
8. Participate in Gimme Your Stuff at least one time.
9. Visit the Carnegie Art Museum.
10. Eat at a tapas restaurant.
11. Go to a hockey game.
12. Go deep sea fishing.
13. Pitch a tent in the backyard and spend the night outdoors with Vince.
14. Finish two small cross-stitch projects, and give one as a gift.
15. Take at least two community courses to learn or improve a skill.
16. See a ballet.
17. See an opera.
18. Participate in Flickr's 365 project.
19. Read at least three books that Vince recommends to me. (0/3)
20. Attend at least one rehearsal of a local choir and join it if I like it.
21. Suck it up and sing karaoke at least one time.
22. Take photos of 100 things that make me happy and make a beautiful scrapbook with the photos.
23. Try an ethnic cuisine I've never had before.
24. Read 101 books. (0/101)
25. Master a new song on the piano (must be a challenging song).
26. Go to a specialty knitting store and buy high-quality yarns for a project I'm excited about.
27. Create at least one pencil sketch that I am proud of.
28. Buy some incredibly awesome new fish for our fish tank and name them all.
29. Download and re-watch the entire Veronica Mars television series.
30. Open a savings account and add $50 every week.
31. Make 250 dollars for Vince on Ebay selling household objects.
32. Learn more about the stock market and invest a small amount.
33. Pay off at least 50% of credit card debt.
34. Do not touch credit cards for the entirety of the 101 things project.
35. Get under 130 lbs.
36. Complete the Couch to 5k Running Plan.
37. Drink only water for two weeks on three separate occasions. (0/3)
38. Eat no candy for one month.
39. Get over my fear of the dentist and start going regularly.
40. Follow Vince's teeth-cleaning regimen for one month.
41. Touch my toes without bending my knees.
42. Ride my bike three times per week for one month.
43. Eat one fruit and one vegetable each day for one month.
44. Be able to do 50 push-ups in a row.
45. Write a new piece of short fiction and get it published.
46. Write another piece of short fiction and submit it to the Pitt literary publication.
47. Graduate from college.
48. Design business cards and get them printed.
49. Complete the Artist's Way creativity program.
50. Investigate the commitment necessary in contributing to the University of Pittsburgh newspaper, and contribute if possible.
51. Do writing exercises every day for one month.
52. Finish Vince's afghan.
53. Make the CD collection for my mom that I have been meaning to do for years now.
54. Make all Christmas gifts one year.
55. Visit my nieces once each year.
56. Slow dance with Vince.
57. Call my father at least once per month. (0/32)
58. Send my mother flowers for no reason.
59. Create a family cookbook to give to my mom as a gift.
60. Travel out of the country.
61. Go to the Erie wine region and sample the delicious wines.
62. Go camping with Vince.
63. Investigate and visit breweries within a day's drive.
64. Renew passport.
65. Go on vacation away from family for Christmas one year.
66. Stay at a bed and breakfast.
67. Visit a state I've never been to.
68. Visit family in Cleveland.
69. Seek out the perfect little black dress and find an occasion to wear it.
70. Stay in a nice hotel alone for one weekend.
71. Get a professional massage.
72. Find and use a signature scent.
73. Invest in a quality piece of jewelry.
74. Go out for a girl's night at least once every two months. (0/15)
75. Buy five pairs of inexpensive all-purpose earrings for everyday use.
76. Buy one great pair of black heels and one great pair of brown heels. If this list is completed in full, also buy one great pair of heels in an unexpected, slightly ostentatious color (turquoise, yellow, red...etc)
77. Dye my hair in some way, shape, or form.
78. Learn more about wine and discover one red and one white I can drink anytime.
79. Buy an expensive bottle of champagne and drink the whole thing myself.
80. Send all birthday and occasion cards on time.
81. Buy a new or used car.
82. Change online passwords so they are all the same.
83. Buy an address book and fill it up with pertinent information.
84. Get my PA drivers license.
85. Establish one utility bill in my name for residency purposes.
86. Set up an effective temporary storage solution for all our linens.
87. Set up a space for myself in the back bedroom where I can go to relax (i.e. piano, desk, chair, books, clothes, etc)
88. Donate my time for one whole day to a charitable cause.
89. Sort through clothes every six months and donate things that I don't wear, that don't fit, or make me feel ugly.
90. Vote in the presidential election.
91. Renew my CPR certification.
92. Get over my fear and donate blood.
93. Replace light bulbs with CFLs.
94. Take Navy showers as frequently as possible (<2min).
95. Walk into Barnes & Noble at the Waterfront without fear of condemnation.
96. Pay for the person behind me at the drive-through.
97. Write letters to five authors I admire.
98. Create a time capsule to be opened when I am 50.
99. Regularly post to the blog with photos to give updates on the progress of this list.
100. Put $10 in my savings account for every item I don't complete on this list.
101. Celebrate the completion of this list on May 30, 2011.
A Final Wave
3 days ago