Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What's Shakin Bacon?

Ciao! Things are going well. I am presently watching downloaded episodes of Heroes, Season 1. I am not much of a TV person, but this show is quite good. Riveting, if I'm being honest. The day I started watching, I think I got through Episode 6 before I ripped myself away. In any case, do check it out if you haven't already! What else, what else? Vince is building our fence. I have been working away at my Violet Beauregard skirt, an activity that is quite complementary to my new Heroes addiction. Who knew I could accomplish my 101 list and be a lazy ass at the same time?!
The skirt looks big, and I'm sure it is, but fortunately the pattern includes a drawstring. Megan is picking up the Stitch 'N Bitch Knitter's Handbook so I can begin the process of teaching myself to knit and cross something else off my list (#4). Speaking of Megan, she is moving in with Vince and I on October 25. Hopefully the arrangement will help us all. I look forward to having a girl around to do girl things with.

In other news, I contacted the new editor of The Pitt News (the Univ. of Pittsburgh newspaper) about joining the staff (#50). The commitment required is a weekly meeting, and one article every week or so. That seems reasonable. I will at least fill out the application and write a sample article. Maybe they'll even publish it. And lastly, I am planning to begin my 12-week commitment to The Artist's Way program tomorrow. It consists of weekly reading and exercises, daily morning pages (write three pages of any crap you want as soon as you roll out of bed), and a weekly artist date (spending two hours by yourself doing something fun). Other writer's swear by it, so I'm going to give it a try. I have to produce a 20-page short story for school in about thirty days time, and I hope to submit this story for publication or contests, so I hope to receive some inspiration. I will report on my artist dates, which should be quite fun, as well as how successfully I've been completing my pages and exercises. I hope you'll also keep track of my projects and books on the sidebar. :) Wish me luck!

No comments: